Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Add image media on boris effects

Add image media on boris effects 1 month ago #174981

• rolover
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 1 month ago
I'm trying to add an image on top of a clip to hide a defect. The problem is that I add the image in the spot I want it, but then it moves out of place as clip plays. I tried setting a keyframe at the end of the clip (inside boris) with the same position but it still moves all over the place inbetween the keyframes.

I did the same thing before on 3 other scenes and the media I added on top never moved, it stayed in the same spot I placed it over the whole clip.

Re: Add image media on boris effects 1 month ago #174986

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Difficult to answer without seeing your settings.

I assume that you perform all movement in Boris and not with DVE or such in Lightworks. As far as I can see here, when setting key frames on Transformations.Controls.Position the default method is Ease-In/Out which could be an explanation for unexpected movement and a place to start searching for the cause.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Add image media on boris effects 1 month ago #174989

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
If my assumption that everything is done in Boris should be wrong, screenshots of the Routing and Graphs panels and the segment of the timeline showing the effects, would be helpful to assist.

Re: Add image media on boris effects 1 month ago #174992

• rolover
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Yeah, all in Boris. Since the scene was short I set every instant one by one to the right position. I tried adjusting the ease in and out thing but no luck.

Re: Add image media on boris effects 1 month ago #174994

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Without seeing what you're doing and what's wrong in some screen recording, I think it isn't possible to assist in a meaningful way, at least for me - there are too many settings and options in Boris and thus many things can go wrong.

Re: Add image media on boris effects 1 month ago #174996

• rolover
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Since I resolved it by doing frame by frame I'll wait till next time I have the issue. I'm just wondering if the normal thing is for the image just to stay in one place when you add it on top of a clip.

Re: Add image media on boris effects 1 month ago #175003

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
If re-positioning the image with keyframes enabled without setting keyframe to "Hold" it will move to start position.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds
Scroll To Top