Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Open Source?

Open Source? 5 years, 10 months ago #71681

• dworkin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 10 months ago
Does LightWorks will become open source?
Is there a date of code liberation?
The topic has been locked.

Re: Open Source? 5 years, 10 months ago #71684

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 10 months ago
Welcome to the forum,

The current position can be found in FAQ:

"Once the Linux and Mac versions are released the source code of Lightworks will become available. We cannot give a date when this will happen, but announcements and updates will be regularly posted on the Lightworks Forum."

The Mac version has just started in public beta, so hasn't yet been released.

Re: Open Source? 5 years, 10 months ago #71686

• Artemis
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 5 years, 10 months ago
Hi,

The question has ben raised several times on this Forum already, but basically all come down to the Same basic answer:

They're at least planning on releasing the code as Open source, but having a stable programm has higher priority than having the Souce open. The initial Roadmap was something like (ATTENETION: Might not be 100% accurate, quoting it from my head, so no warranty ):

1.) Windows free Beta release
2.) Get a Stable, fully functional version to run
3.) Port it to Linux and Mac, so that all three major platforms are supported
4.) Release the Source code.

As far as I know, they have no intention to get away from that roadmap.
As of Today, they released the first beta for Version 12, which will fulfill the third Target on they'r roadmap. So given that the roadmap is since 2010, I'd expect that if they release the code, it wont be in this Year, but I'd guess more that it will be somewhere 2015/16. BUT THERER IS NO OFFICIAL ANOUNCEMENT, ANNOUNCING ANY RELEASE DATES.

Artemis

(ps: to all the users who think that moaning/ "making pressure" at the dev's would help: Please, dont do it, reading those comments is absoloutly no fun and remembers me always of 5-year olds, so please, don't try to "make pressure" on the dev's, I'm sure they do their Job as good and as fast as possible )
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top