Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Extra Large Tiles or Manually Sizeable Tiles

[SOLVED] Extra Large Tiles or Manually Sizeable Tiles 7 years, 2 months ago #53362

• idealsceneprod
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 7 years, 2 months ago
This would be very useful because I tend to put the slate in front of every camera before we start rolling, that way, by looking at the thumbnail we can tell which Shot/Take it is.

The only problem is that sometimes the slate looks too small and is hard to read.

This is VERY useful when cataloging footage.

I'm referring primarily to the Tiles View, but this could be equally useful in the List view.

Premiere allows you to make those tiles pretty big, and they're scalable, but I'd settle for an Extra Large size or two.
Val Gameiro
Writer, Director, Filmmaker
www.AmnesiaTheMovie.com
www.IdealSceneProductions.com
www.TXSTARentertainment.com
www.ValGameiro.com

Lightworks 12.6 64-bit / Latest 64-bit Beta

Dell Precision M6600, QuadCore i7, 8GB RAM, internal SSD drive (+ external USB3 7200rpm drives), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; Canon 7D, the dreamy BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera, and gunning for the Sony A7S!
Last Edit: 7 years, 2 months ago by idealsceneprod.

Re: Extra Large Tiles or Manually Sizeable Tiles 7 years, 2 months ago #53594

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 2 months ago
Hi Val.

We just added extra large tiles in the upcoming 11.2 release. In the mean-time, you can manually increase the size of your large tiles with a little bit of text-file editing; if you open the config.dat file (which resides in the same folder as the lightworks executable on Windows) and add the following line :

large_tile_height 150

your large tiles will now be the same size as the new extra large ones. There's no limits checking, so it's probably best to resist the temptation to go crazy with numbers much bigger than that.. Make sure to add the new line between the opening and closing brace lines.
Lightworks Development
Last Edit: 7 years, 2 months ago by Great White.

Re: Extra Large Tiles or Manually Sizeable Tiles 7 years, 2 months ago #53648

• idealsceneprod
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 7 years, 2 months ago
Worked like a charm. 150 is definitely better, but it'd be nicer to have them even larger (sometimes the slate is smaller on the screen).

Thanks a lot for this, it's a huge time-saver to not have to open each clip just to be able to read the slate
Val Gameiro
www.AmnesiaTheMovie.com
www.ValGameiro.com

Dell Precision M6600, QuadCore i7, 8GB RAM, internal SSD drive (+ external USB3 7200rpm drives), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; Canon 7D, the dreamy BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera, and gunning for the Sony A7S!

Re: Extra Large Tiles or Manually Sizeable Tiles 7 years, 2 months ago #53649

• idealsceneprod
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 7 years, 2 months ago
I tried bumping the size to 250, and so far so good. Looks much better on my 1080p screens

SWEEEEET
Val Gameiro
www.AmnesiaTheMovie.com
www.ValGameiro.com

Re: Extra Large Tiles or Manually Sizeable Tiles 7 years, 2 months ago #53651

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 2 months ago
Good stuff. Btw - I watched the trailer for Amnesia - looks awesome! Are you using Lightworks?
Lightworks Development

Re: Extra Large Tiles or Manually Sizeable Tiles 7 years, 2 months ago #53654

• idealsceneprod
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 7 years, 2 months ago
Hey, thanks

I am now. The teasers were cut with Premiere. But when I'm done cataloging the footage, I'll be cutting the official trailer and feature using Lightworks, yes
Val Gameiro
www.AmnesiaTheMovie.com
www.ValGameiro.com

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds
Scroll To Top