Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Offline media with proxies present [feature]

Offline media with proxies present [feature] 4 months, 2 weeks ago #224715

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Offline media with proxies present are highly critical, on export and when creating archives.

Their presence isn't obvious. Viewers and tiles of such media show valid frames. There's no obvious indicator that a proxy is used. On tiles it's impossible to see the difference, on viewers it can be hard, depending on the kind of proxy and the viewer size.

On export, the proxies are used, without message. When creating a project backup including all media, the clips are not included, without message. Both issues can have disastrous consequences, in particular in commercial production environments.

There are already some not yet implemented feature requests to improve the situation, in particular inventing obvious and meaningful messages on export and backup. I'm just adding two new requests:

Please consider to display the media location of offline media with proxies in orange letter, instead of white, as it is to today.

Please consider also adding an orange dot at the upper right corner of tiles and viewers (maybe even a symbol on the timeline, additionally) for such media and all existing derived objects (subclips, syncs, prints).

Thanks for reading this!
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Offline media with proxies present [feature] 4 months, 2 weeks ago #224716

• schrauber
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
+1
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1.1 & Beta 2021.x; || Windows 10 Home 1909, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds
Scroll To Top