Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Different folder names for the two "Effect Templates" - folders to avoid confusion.

Different folder names for the two "Effect Templates" - folders to avoid confusion. 4 days, 14 hours ago #206077

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 14 hours ago
The fact that the folder for user effects has the same file name as the folder in the installation directory always leads to confusion among users who are looking for this folder for the first time. This can also cause the user to accidentally damage the installation.
Is it possible to assign a completely different name to the "Effect Templates" folder in the installation directory that is not similar to the user effect folder names?

Renaming and reassigning the User Effects folder would probably be more problematic in terms of compatibility? On the other hand, a different name for the parent "Lightworks" user folder could minimize the confusion with the installation folder.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600

Re: Different folder names for the two "Effect Templates" - folders to avoid confusion. 4 days, 13 hours ago #206082

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 4 days, 13 hours ago
An easy renamed scheme would be for user effects to be stored in an aptly named "user effects" folder I guess ...

G
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top