Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Support for polish language (and other) specific characters.

Support for polish language (and other) specific characters. 6 days, 6 hours ago #204936

• hicnar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 days, 6 hours ago
Hi,

There seems to be some problem with the current version (14.5) of Lightworks not recognizing (or picking up) the system keyboard mapping as set in the OS.
I mean some language specific characters are not being displayed correctly.

For example if the OS system keyboard/language is set to Polish, pressing the right Alt + e combination results in the "ę" character being typed in pretty much every editor app that I use, be it Sublime, MS Word, all kinds of browsers, IntelliJ etc. except in Lightworks where in the Text effect I get the "€" symbol.

The only workaround at that point seems to be copying the text from some other editor else where it is correctly displayed and pasting it the Text box, but in the long run it does not seem like a viable option, at least for me as I do a lot of subtitling work.

That issue has been already described in this www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=27&id=68923&Itemid=81 thread.

Do you lwks folks have any plans to do something about it?

Best!
Krzysztof

PS I have tested and confirmed this behavior in Win10 but will also check on Ubuntu

Re: Support for polish language (and other) specific characters. 6 days, 6 hours ago #204937

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 6 days, 6 hours ago

That's now fixed (in the next 14.6 beta)
Lightworks Development

Re: Support for polish language (and other) specific characters. 6 days, 6 hours ago #204938

• hicnar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 days, 6 hours ago
Great news! If it is not a secret, when will the 14.6 beta be becoming a release?

Re: Support for polish language (and other) specific characters. 6 days, 6 hours ago #204939

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 6 days, 6 hours ago
hicnar wrote:
Great news! If it is not a secret, when will the 14.6 beta be becoming a release?

As soon as we're happy with the stability, performance, etc
Lightworks Development

Re: Support for polish language (and other) specific characters. 5 days, 20 hours ago #204943

• hicnar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 days, 20 hours ago
Well... I've just downloaded and installed the 14.6 beta (Win) and id does not look like the problem has been fixed.

Re: Support for polish language (and other) specific characters. 5 days, 18 hours ago #204946

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 5 days, 18 hours ago
Great White wrote:

That's now fixed (in the next 14.6 beta)
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Support for polish language (and other) specific characters. 5 days, 7 hours ago #204965

• hicnar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 days, 7 hours ago
Nope, it does not appear to be fixed. I am on 14.6 (upgraded from 14.5) beta but still getting exactly the same behavior meaning when I hit right Alt + e I'm getting "€" instead of 'ę'.
Last Edit: 5 days, 7 hours ago by hicnar.

Re: Support for polish language (and other) specific characters. 5 days, 7 hours ago #204966

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 days, 7 hours ago
I suspect they're referring to the next V14.6 beta build, which they're still working on, not the build currently available to download (which is only 2 days old).
Last Edit: 5 days, 7 hours ago by briandrys.

Re: Support for polish language (and other) specific characters. 5 days, 6 hours ago #204970

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 5 days, 6 hours ago
briandrys wrote:
I suspect they're referring to the next V14.6 beta build, which they're still working on, not the build currently available to download (which is only 2 days old).

Correct, yes. The next beta.
Lightworks Development
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top