Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ...

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197379

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Overcapture - capture everything around you and decide about the view later - pretty comfortable, isn't it.

For creating a plane projection of a partial view of a stitched 360 video, some kind of 'spherical DVE' would be needed. We can watch something like this (even more complex, because it operates on multiple shots) in real time, online, with Google Street View in our browsers. I've missed the master class in spherical geometry, but (on a single 360 shot) that shouldn't be rocket science.

The major drawback I see (for real time editing), for watchable results the necessary resolution of the stitched 360 video starts at 4K and the sky is the limit.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 months ago by hugly.

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197382

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • I try to improve despite my personal limits :)
  • 5 months ago
Exactly hugly, I absolutely agree ... that´s the current limitation of the 360 cams, the resolution and hunger
www.youtube.com/user/MrMadmajkl
soundcloud.com/michal-foist

Win 10 Pro 64 b, Acer Predator 15, Nvidia GF GTX 1070 8 G
Gear: Sony FDR-X3000, Gopro fusion, Canon 60D, Huawei mate 10, DJI Phantom 4 Pro

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197389

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 5 months ago
I agree with jwrl. I've seen a lot of These systems that were supposed to revolutionize our viewing fade away.

I remember when QTVR was supposed to revolutionize product photography. I sold turntables and tripod mounts for it. Didn't happen, despite the obvious advantages. It was too much work for the consumer with too little benefit over simply having separate views.

The biggest problem with 360 is that nobody really wants to watch a whole movie with a computer strapped to their face. And it's waaaay too much work to have to keep turning around and reactively turn your attention if important things are moving around you.

I can see 360's value in art exhibits and installations, for things like real estate sales and in a few other niche areas, though.
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197426

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
What ever happened to Red's Hydrogen One phone with holographic display?
Work Comp: Retired!
Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!
Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197456

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Beside of overcapture, which needs specific software to create, I like the interactive views of 360 videos which are, with the Pro version and some external tweaks after export, doable with Lightworks as it is.

Personally, I like this interactive 360 "Eagle Cam"..

.. which I haven't seen with Imax. What might be the reasons?

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197461

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
That's one with highly enhanced quality, state of the art for streaming purposes maybe, apparently captured from a helicopter not a drone:

Edit: View a 4320p, if your computer and your internet connection can keep up with it.

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197468

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 months ago
I wonder if you ever saw "This is Cinerama"? Same sort of media, same sort of novelty value, and I suspect, same sort of life expectancy.

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197490

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
I don't say that wide screen formats in high resolution are new. What's new is that viewing 360 video (and VR) is interactive, you can change the view point while watching. And, most important, everybody can capture it with low cost devices, nowadays.

I don't say either that 3D-viewers and support of overcapture are must haves for NLEs, but implementing some related features is at least something to be considered, I think. Among the major NLEs, Lighwtorks won't be the first mover, anyway.

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197491

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months ago
AVID seems to use a plug in for this type of work, one option is produced by Boris. However, this would seem to be meeting a different requirement to that of the OP, who seems to require a more basic feature.

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197493

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
The most difficult part with highest impact to quality is stitching of the multicam shots. In my view, stitching doesn't fit into a typical NLE workflow, that's much closer to 3D or compositing software.

Support of common 360 export formats (Pro features of course), injecting 360 metadata and, most important, a spherical DVE for overcapture and a 3D viewer to watch results would be the features to implement.

Edit: Again, the major drawback is, working with the full resolution needs high performance hardware. This limits the number of potential customers significantly, unless there's a good idea how to make it work on low cost laptops too.

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197535

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 5 months ago
I wonder if you ever saw "This is Cinerama"?
I did. Three images stitched together with fuzzy join lines but really impressive at the time.

Remember DVDs where the audience were given the choice of multiple paths to multiple resolutions - any of those left? Perhaps too much like work where simple entertainment was the objective.

And remember 'astral travelling' - people actually used to exchange stories of their true previous night's journey.

For making personal choices and individualising importance of themes and variations and characters ---- reading a book and opening one's imagination beats all of that, but is a bit addictive - so maybe should be banned.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197562

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Hey, regarding the angel falls video - I´m back from the worktrip, exactly this is the footage I can imagine can really change things in the future. Because of 360 ... you can see even more than you saw with your eyes only ...

Don´t you know what gear was used in case of video you shared? Btw:_ it has description in Czech language as well ... who created the video?

Gear: Sony FDR-X3000, Gopro fusion, Canon 60D, Huawei mate 10, DJI Phantom 4 Pro
Last Edit: 5 months ago by MFoist.

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197563

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Oh, the eagle footage is very impressive as well, maybe even more than the falls ... and despite fact of the lower resolution

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197579

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197591

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Hello, yes, but Boris VR 200 $ ... and as I sad I did never bring lwks bundled BorisFX to life, so I have no trust in that product group to spend another 200$ ... thanks for the natron, link in the old threat is not working anymore but I ve found it on github natrongithub.github.io/

Time to create page: 0.41 seconds
Scroll To Top