Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ...

Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 7 months, 1 week ago #194305

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • I try to improve despite my personal limits :)
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
Hello,

I see a big future in videos from 360 cams - overcapture modes etc ... why lightworks does not support it? Please add support like adobe premiere does already ... shame. Lightworks otherwise become obsolette very soon. Don´t ignore the future trends please.

Thanks
www.youtube.com/user/MrMadmajkl
soundcloud.com/michal-foist

Win 10 Pro 64 b, Acer Predator 15, Nvidia GF GTX 1070 8 G
Gear: Sony FDR-X3000, Gopro fusion, Canon 60D, Huawei mate 10, DJI Phantom 4 Pro

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 6 months, 2 weeks ago #195214

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Something new?

Gear: Sony FDR-X3000, Gopro fusion, Canon 60D, Huawei mate 10, DJI Phantom 4 Pro

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 6 months, 2 weeks ago #195216

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 2 weeks ago
What do you expect?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 6 months, 2 weeks ago #195224

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Some functionality which allows to effectively work with 360 vids withing the lwks.

For example:

- easy keyframing preps like in insta 360 studio (just dragging nad zooming the vid in the 360 edit using a mouse). Especialy this is going very slow since the interface in lightworks is not that user friendly for this as it could be ... I can use somehow the 3D DVE to work with it, but thats not good workflow at all.

- 360 export formats support

This should be everything at least for the beginning

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months, 1 week ago #197319

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
Hm, you are really 100 yrs behind the monkeys regarding 360 vids support ... I don´t know why I wasted my money onm this product. TOgether with the framing problems with non smooth videos especialy from drones, I really have choosen very bad and expensive SW

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months, 1 week ago #197320

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
The formats supported by Lightworks are listed on this site and a free version is available for you to test before purchasing.

One year and outright Pro license users have Boris FX bundled with it, which has motion stabilizing.

EDIT I suspect any 360 support won't appear before V15 and I don't know if it's on the list for that version.
Last Edit: 5 months, 1 week ago by briandrys.

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months, 1 week ago #197321

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months, 1 week ago #197324

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months, 1 week ago

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months, 1 week ago #197325

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
Thanks

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months, 1 week ago #197327

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
Hello MFoist,

VR is a pretty complex matter. There are of various proprietary capture formats, capturing with one or multiple cameras and the need of stitching and morphing. Furthermore, I can imagine that the needs in terms of available functions, quality and precision of consumers are quite different from commercial users. Viewing VR360 and moving perspective isn't a matter of video editing, but the VR viewer, with one exception, the starting point.

Since the apps you linked to above are quite different in price and functions, as far as I can see, can you name an application as reference, as 'blueprint' of the functionality you have in mind with this feature request?
Last Edit: 5 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months, 1 week ago #197329

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
Hello, hugly yes, sure, adobe premiere 2018 together with goprovr plugins seems now to be the less time consuming solution for editing/exporting in high quality --- or the Insta 360 Studio is nice as well but it would be much better with high res export possibility (insta 360 has limited resolution/codec export).

- so basicaly I can stitch and export recorded material for editing using the gopro fusion software (although there are already some apps doing stitching in realtime as well, so it would be nice, but not necessary)

- but then I need to edit it as for instance allows you the Insta 360 (and optimaly can use other comfort lwks is offering) - so keyframes, formatting 1:1,16:9,4:3, overcapture or the standard view, text fitted into 360 vid ... exports for google with correct 360 metadata ...

Maybe you can try the Insta 360 studio (it's free) together with the material from 360 cam provided by me

Last Edit: 5 months, 1 week ago by MFoist. Reason: mistake

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months, 1 week ago #197330

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
Thank you.

I've already downloaded Insta360 Studio some time ago, but didn't invest the time to discover the functions in detail. I'll have a closer look into it, just as a matter of interest.

Since I'm not with Editshare, I can't say how they estimate the effort to implement this feature and its chances on the market, compared with other features on the list.

Edit: I'll keep thumbs up for your feature request and fingers crossed for an implementation.
Last Edit: 5 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197350

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 months ago
Not wishing to rain on anyone's parade, but I have seen this sort of thing in the past. In the 1950s 3D came along and was predicted to sweep the world within a very few years. A handful of movies were released, several others were shot in 3D but only ever released in standard format.

Around the same time, Cinerama came on the scene - originally a three strip format, it was not a full 360 degrees but roughly 150 degree wrap around. Several launch films were made, and a few feature films were also produced, but subsequently those feature films were released as standard wide screen format movies.

In recent years 3D movies were reintroduced. Industry experts predicted at the time that by 2020 no standard feature films would be produced. The number of 3D titles in production at the outset looked impressive, but we're fast approaching 2020 and I haven't even bothered checking the 3D production slate for this year, let alone 2020, because it's pointless.

We've had the technology out there with Imax for some time in any case, and Imax cinemas and production have hardly dominated. 360 degree production is the current marketing gimmick and in my opinion will probably have the same life expectancy as 3D and Cinerama. But I'd be quite happy to be proved wrong.

I've seen it all before.
Last Edit: 5 months ago by jwrl.

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197373

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Sorry jwrl, I agree with what you are writing but that´s incorrect perspective - however maybe because it has been difficult for me to explain my point of view properly. I´ll try to do it better now.

Please, open your mind, I see a huge potential in 360 cameras regarding exactly standard 2D videos and ordinary people! That´s why I´m requesting to have supported that 360 things.

The essential thing is the function called "overcapture" perhaps
the idea is visible
This functionaly makes unbelievable things! You almost can´t miss what you want to capture with this kind of things. Everyone is now a "perfect cameraman". This is the revolutionary function.

Example in vid - an ordinary man riding the unicycle (which is not that easy btw), holding the camera in his own hand and yet capable to take important shots of his surroundings andor snapshots - the son riding around, the dog etc...

This is very powerfull thing man, especialy for ordinary people (massmarket), nowadays much more powerfull than the standard 360° vids because you can guide viewers in 2D overcapture mode throught your footage and let the people see only what you exactly want to show them.

I hope you can understand now much better why I´m requesting it.

Btw: Power director 365, davinci resolve 16, adobe premiere, insta 360 ... they all already support it! LWKS - Wake up

Re: Support of 360 cam videos gopro fusion insta360 ONE x garmin virb etc ... 5 months ago #197375

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 months ago
I understand your point of view perfectly. All that I'm saying is that I think that in 10 years time 360 degree cameras will be those things that you find when you're cleaning out your cupboards. They don't and can't make everyone a perfect cameraman, because the art of the cameraman is in composition, lighting and choice of filters.

360 degree cameras have novelty value. They may also meet limited technical needs. But that's pretty much their scope.

Another example: about fifty years ago I worked on LaserDisc/LaserVision production. Those 12" discs were going to be the next big thing, because people could selectively choose camera angles from which to watch a drama, and even cut between shots on the fly. I saw several test examples, but nothing like that ever hit release, because test marketing established pretty promptly that no-one wanted to choose camera angles just to watch a drama or a concert.

If the viewer has to work to see something they won't bother. But hey! I'm just a user. Lightworks may be working on this as we speak.
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top