Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Preview on playhead position with effects while trimming [feature]

Preview on playhead position with effects while trimming [feature] 3 months ago #184478

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months ago
Due to this discussion, I just remembered that I've been missing one essential feature many times for multiple purposes from the first day on: Trimming without affecting playhead position and preview as if it would be playback mode with all effects visible.

From a practical point of view, I can imagine that entering this mode when disabling trim preview would feel intuitive. Of course this would imply to be able to switch trim preview mode also in Fixed layout.

Imagine how much easier it would be to create something like this split-screen video in Lightworks with such a preview mode.

It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 months ago by hugly.

Re: Preview on playhead position with effects while trimming [feature] 3 months ago #184488

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months ago
I would find that helpful too.

In some trim modes, a third trim viewer would also be helpful.
The additional viewer would display the original play position within the segment to be trimmed. The other viewers (1st frame or frame before the segment start, and frame at the end of the segment) could be displayed as a smaller thumbnail in this mode.
In this mode, the playback head should remain in the position of the additional trim viewer so that it does not jump to the beginning or end of the segement.

It may also be useful to be able to specify whether a playhead within a segment to be trimmed retains its position in the timeline, or moves with the clipframe (as it does with "Mark In" while trimming). Accordingly, the viewer would view the frame of that position.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 3 months ago by schrauber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds
Scroll To Top