Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Change current stills duration of already imported stills [feature]

Change current stills duration of already imported stills [feature] 1 month, 1 week ago #182203

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
This has been discussed several times in the past. Currently it isn't possible to directly change stills duration after import. There is a workaround, but it's pretty clumsy by using make.sequence from selection, make.print, make.sequence, speed/resize, make traced sequence, delete the temporary objects.

Please add a function to change stills duration on a selection of objects in bins which affects only stills within this selection. This must not affect length of already inserted (and possibly trimmed) instances of those stills, but only end time and duration of the source clips (stills) updated internally and visible e.g. in content browser, file card, next opened viewer, TC display.

I can imagine that "Media.Change stills duration" from "Bin Commands" would be a good place for the function to be invoked from.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Change current stills duration of already imported stills [feature] 1 month, 1 week ago #182214

• oldbutcher
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
I just drop it in the timeline, speed change the clip to 0%
Lightworks Turnkey System.
8 Terabytes Internal Raid Storage
6 Terabytes External Fibre Raid
Boris Red Effects

Re: Change current stills duration of already imported stills [feature] 1 month, 1 week ago #182215

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Didn't they even invent a shortcut for freeze frame with V12?

Re: Change current stills duration of already imported stills [feature] 1 month, 1 week ago #182216

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
After thinking it over, if I would be asked where to put this feature requests on the list of urgency, I'd say on bottom most position, because the way I do something like this currently is working with junctions on OS level and importing the same set of stills from a virtually different location with different import settings, quite easy to manage with the right software on Windows and available also on OSX and Linux, at least from the terminal.
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top