Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Middle-button by coord-click over timeline without middle-button [feature]

Middle-button by coord-click over timeline without middle-button [feature] 3 months, 1 week ago #180849

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I'm trying to emulate the middle-button on a two-button mouse without using third party software in order to re-assign the action "Black Insert" to Middle|None. I thought coord-click emulates the middle-button (and in fact it does with mouse over track name) but, with mouse over timeline coord-click positions the playhead and can't be overridden by Settings.Actions, it seems to be "hard-wired".

Assuming that coord-click emulates middle-button, would it be possible (would it make sense without doing any harm to other functions) to add this "Playhead move" action on Middle|None to Settings.Actions?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Middle-button by coord-click over timeline without middle-button [feature] 3 months, 1 week ago #180868

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Chord click dates from two-button mouse days. The third button where it does replace chord clicking is a more recent addition. It isn't an emulation as far was I'm aware.

Re: Middle-button by coord-click over timeline without middle-button [feature] 3 months, 1 week ago #180881

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
chord click makes sense, try to use maya without a 3rd btn ,)
s.

Re: Middle-button by coord-click over timeline without middle-button [feature] 3 months ago #180954

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 3 months ago
I bought a mouse for my Wacom tablet just so that I could use the chord click in Lwks and the middle click in other software. Those clicks are not otherwise available with a pen or with your fingers on Wacom
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top