Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ripple trim to the left with automatic transition [feature]

Ripple trim to the left with automatic transition [feature] 3 months, 1 week ago #171194

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Drag-in black (Ctrl+right-button & drag) basically does what others call a Ripple trim to open a gap, it works to the right.

I'd find it very convenient if it would work also to the left to either replace material to the left, or to add a transition to the overlap on demand (pop-up menu or switchable by shortcut or switchable by settings).
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Ripple trim to the left with automatic transition [feature] 3 months, 1 week ago #171197

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
One thing I notice in V14.1 is if you use that method to move a block of clips, the FX track doesn't move.

If you mark and park the block of clips you can drag it in either direction, complete with the FX track.

Since the drag in black (Ctrl+right-button & drag) seems to be fiddly for doing this without zooming in, I would tend to avoid it and use the traditional Lightworks method, which works every time.

Re: Ripple trim to the left with automatic transition [feature] 3 months, 1 week ago #171198

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Thanks for mentioning the bug when moving a marked section on FX only, might be be worth a report in beta forums?

No complaints about your personal preference.

Just to clarify, Drag in black, can be used fully zoomed-in and you can even simply unjoin with Ctrl+right-button (zoom aus needed) and move with whatever device, I use the keyboard, I assume the console should work as well. Drag-in black works like a trim mode.

The essence of this feature request is to allow moving to the left as a single step operation (in order to replace) and adding the option to apply a transition to the overlap.

I know very well that all this can be done with different workflows with multiple steps.

Re: Ripple trim to the left with automatic transition [feature] 3 months, 1 week ago #171200

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I've flagged it in the beta forum.

Re: Ripple trim to the left with automatic transition [feature] 3 months, 1 week ago #171204

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Ah, you mean "The FX track not moving using Ctrl+right-button & drag came up in this thread and".
I thought you mean "A marked section on FX with multiple segments can't be moved all at once".
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top