Watch the Video Tutorial
Instructions can also be found on page 10 of the Installation and activation guide
1. Start Lightworks, enter your Username and Password and click Continue. NOTE:
Make sure these credentials are exactly the same as on lwks.com
If the internet is not detected a panel will display asking you to start the offline procedure, click OK
file is then generated here:
- Windows: C:UsersPublicDocumentsLightworks
- Linux and Mac OS X: ~/Lightworks
to a removable drive and take it to a system with an internet connection
2. Upload the shark.c2e file to lwks.com:
- Go to this page: www.lwks.com/activations
(you will need to be signed in to access this location)
- Under "Your Machines" you will see the "Add a machine" option, click the "Browse" button Browse to and select the shark.c2e file
- Click the "Upload C2E file" button
- Your new system will then appear at the top of the list with an orange border.
- A Free license is applied to the system automatically.
- If you have a Pro and/or AVID DNxHD license, drag and drop to the system.
- Click the "Details" drop-down arrow to confirm your selection, then click "Download". A shark.e2c
file will be generated.
- Take this file to the system you generated the shark.c2e from and copy it into:
and Mac OS X
3. Start Lightworks, enter your Username and Password and click ContinueNOTE
: Make sure during all three steps the same account and password are used or the activation will not work.