Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: User Effects files (Post #1 has them all)

Re: User Effects files 2 years, 10 months ago #17440

• fangaz
  • Senior Boarder
  • 2 years, 10 months ago
that is true jwrl, maybe I shouldn't have used Photoshop by name. Only because of the reason that you stated, but if someone didn't already have the suite they might could try it in Gimp or another image editor if it has that functionality. I'm a novice anyway so I just try to help even if it just means jump-starting an idea. Most of the questions posed here on the forum either I myself wonder about or probably will face in the future so they mostly all help me in some way.

Re: User Effects files 2 years, 10 months ago #17445

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 10 months ago
fangaz wrote:
@Khaver, thanks for the polymasks upload. I am having a problem though. The only one that I can get to work is the Poly3, all the others only show a white box in the effects picker window and when i apply them that is the result that i get. The Poly3 however shows a triangular mask in the effect window and when added that is exactly what I get. If you have any clue as to what might be causing this please let me know. I tried destroying the effects and recompiling them with same results.

I think the problem is the fact that all the polygon masks except the 3 sided one use pixel shader version 3. Some graphics cards don't support it. I'll look into making them version 2 compatible but I can't guarantee I'll be able to. Version 2 has some limits to how complex you can make effects. If I have to use multiple pass of the GPU, which can help get around the limitations, the performance will be affected, but I'll try.
Work Comp: XP Professional SP3, Dell Optiplex 740, AMD Athlon 64X2 2.6GHz, 3070MB, ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 256MB

Home Comp: TBA

Re: User Effects files 2 years, 10 months ago #17448

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 10 months ago
andipausrut wrote:
hallo everybody,

can somebody help me?
I have a question about the tilt-shift-effect.
Is there existing a plugin for lightworks or a good tutorial?

Thank you very much !!

You might try using my Masked Blur effect. You can create a graphic in a program like Gimp or just about any photo editing app that allows you to create black to white gradients to match how much you want to vary the focus in your clip. Then add it as a video track and use it as the mask for the blur.
Work Comp: XP Professional SP3, Dell Optiplex 740, AMD Athlon 64X2 2.6GHz, 3070MB, ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 256MB

Re: User Effects files 2 years, 10 months ago #17497

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 10 months ago
Here's my Variable Polygon Masks that are compatible with pixel shader 2. They're not quite as versatile as the pixel shader 3 versions because I had to break down each side of the polygons into separate triangles with one vertex at the center of the screen then use multiple passes of the GPU to combine them. The pixel shader 3 versions are true polygons.

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: User Effects files 2 years, 10 months ago #17635

• SMPse
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 10 months ago
@khaver,

The Polygon Mask effect is really useful, but I wonder, is it possible to make it into one single effect, with a drop-down menu to select the different 'gons, instead of having eight separate effects? And to perhaps add a rotation control?
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by SMPse. Reason: Adding

Re: User Effects files 2 years, 10 months ago #17644

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 10 months ago
SMPse wrote:
@khaver,

The Polygon Mask effect is really useful, but I wonder, is it possible to make it into one single effect, with a drop-down menu to select the different 'gons, instead of having eight separate effects? And to perhaps add a rotation control?

The problem with combining them (I did look into it) is defining the default coordinates of the points of the corners for each different polygon. Those points are set at compile time and as far as I know, you can't move the sliders or on-screen cursors programmatically. If Editshare every provides an SDK for effects creation there might be ways to accomplish this. As it is now, there are some controls and probably some functionality that can't be accessed using just the .fx files.

As to rotation, my thinking was it would cause more problems since the on-screen corner points would lose all their relationship to the corners of the polygons. As it is now if you zoom and/or pan, you lose the relationship but they at least keep a semblance of orientation. Again, this all has to do with the fact that I haven't found a way to move the sliders and on-screen points without having to use the mouse or using key frames. If you think it won't make it too confusing, I can easily add it.

Time to create page: 1.49 seconds