Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks Pro 11.0.2 I can't find the effects button !?!

Lightworks Pro 11.0.2 I can't find the effects button !?! 2 years, 11 months ago #31530

• mikesworkbench
  • Edu User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
Newbie here. I just paid for and downloaded Lightworks Pro 11.0.2. I'm trying to add a title but my timeline doesn't seem to have the same buttons as I see on some of the Youtube tutorials. The missing buttons seem to be "Unjoin", "Effects", and "Advanced"

Am I missing something here. How do I get access to those buttons? If I could find those buttons I could follow the rest of the tutorial.

Re: Lightworks Pro 11.0.2 I can't find the effects button !?! 2 years, 11 months ago #31535

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
You have to be in "record" mode to use those features. It's a little button in the bottom right side of your viewer. Once you select "record" the viewer is outlined in red and the features become available.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro/Ubuntu Studio 14.04
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Lightworks Pro 11.0.2 I can't find the effects button !?! 2 years, 11 months ago #31536

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
You are trying to use a Clip Viewer as an Edit Viewer.

If you don’t know how to make a new edit – please see the video tutorials under ‘Lightworks’ –‘Video Tutorials’ on this site.

Why can you put a Clip Viewer into Record Mode? If you do that and perform a standard editing function, say insert, your Clip Viewer is replaced with an Edit Viewer with the function done. Your original Clip remains intact.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Lightworks Pro 11.0.2 I can't find the effects button !?! 2 years, 11 months ago #31537

• mikesworkbench
  • Edu User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks for the great answers! There must be a great community here to be willing to help out with questions like this. I'll give that a try.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.34 seconds