Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks Pro 11.0.2 I can't find the effects button !?!

Lightworks Pro 11.0.2 I can't find the effects button !?! 2 years, 1 month ago #31530

Newbie here. I just paid for and downloaded Lightworks Pro 11.0.2. I'm trying to add a title but my timeline doesn't seem to have the same buttons as I see on some of the Youtube tutorials. The missing buttons seem to be "Unjoin", "Effects", and "Advanced"

Am I missing something here. How do I get access to those buttons? If I could find those buttons I could follow the rest of the tutorial.

Re: Lightworks Pro 11.0.2 I can't find the effects button !?! 2 years, 1 month ago #31535

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 1 month ago
You have to be in "record" mode to use those features. It's a little button in the bottom right side of your viewer. Once you select "record" the viewer is outlined in red and the features become available.
Dell 8400 Intel P-4 HT 3.0 GHz, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, 2-Seagate Barracuda 500 GB internal HDDs, 1-WD My Book 1 TB ext HDD (USB 3.0 PCIe), Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit, (Dual boot w/ Ubuntu Studio 14.04), SoundBlaster Audigy SE, Nvidia GT 630 2048 MB DDR3 RAM, LWKS v12

Re: Lightworks Pro 11.0.2 I can't find the effects button !?! 2 years, 1 month ago #31536

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 1 month ago
You are trying to use a Clip Viewer as an Edit Viewer.

If you don’t know how to make a new edit – please see the video tutorials under ‘Lightworks’ –‘Video Tutorials’ on this site.

Why can you put a Clip Viewer into Record Mode? If you do that and perform a standard editing function, say insert, your Clip Viewer is replaced with an Edit Viewer with the function done. Your original Clip remains intact.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
2 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5670 @ 2.93GHz, 2927 Mhz, 6 Core(s),
Graphics NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800
BlackMagic Design DeckLink HD Extreme 3D
Driver Version 9.6.8

Re: Lightworks Pro 11.0.2 I can't find the effects button !?! 2 years, 1 month ago #31537

Thanks for the great answers! There must be a great community here to be willing to help out with questions like this. I'll give that a try.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.35 seconds