Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Solved] Running LW in Boot Camp in Windows 8

[Solved] Running LW in Boot Camp in Windows 8 3 years, 1 month ago #15126

• PSimpso
  • Fresh Boarder
I have an early 2011 (latest generation) 13" MacBook Pro. It has a 2.3 Ghz i5 processor with the Intel HD Graphics 3000 which is integrated with the processor. Here are my system specs.

I have Windows 8 64 bit Developer Preview installed using Boot Camp 4.0 (with OS X Lion).
As for Windows 8, I ran these instructions to restore the Win 8 start menu back to the Win 7 style.

And, I followed these instructions to install the Windows Boot Camp drivers in Win 8.

I've installed QuickTime and the Matrox VFW codecs.

When I attempt to open LW, the progress bar loads and then it hangs. It does the same thing when I right click and try to "Run as administrator".

What could be causing this? Could it be that I'm running the 64 bit version of Win 8? Is it my integrated Intel graphics? Is it necessary to have a GFX chip that supports DirectX 11 (mine only supports DirectX 10.1)?
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by PSimpso.

[Solved] Running LW in Boot Camp in Windows 8 3 years, 1 month ago #15132

• Greg_E
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
Considering that they haven't even begun to think about Lightworks under Win8 it is a poor place to start. Also considering that this Win8 is a developer preview and not a real release it is a bad place to start because a lot of things will be changed between now and Release To Manufacturers (RTM), I would expect significant changes between now and public Beta which is supposed to be early 2012.

I suggest booting into Win7 64 bit Home Premium or Pro and testing. As far as the internal Intel graphics, LW should run but it really works better with nVidia or ATI cards.

[Solved] Running LW in Boot Camp in Windows 8 3 years, 1 month ago #15138

• PSimpso
  • Fresh Boarder
Success!

Here's what I did:

1. Navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/Lightworks/Lightworks/Ntcardvt.exe

2. Right click on Ntcardvt.exe and click "Troubleshoot compatability"

3. Click "Troubleshoot program"

4. Select "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows..."

5. Select "Windows 7" (XP, Service Pack 3 also seemed to work)

6. Click "Start the program..." and wait until Lightworks opens successfully

7. In the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter select "Yes, save these settings for this program"

Now, you should be able to open Lightworks by double-clicking on the original LW desktop shortcut.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.45 seconds