Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Anybody using an old console (MKI or MKII) with the new beta software?

Re: Anybody using an old console (MKI or MKII) with the new beta software? 3 years, 2 months ago #13033

• jwrl
  • Pro User
I just typed that info in another thread!

Re: Anybody using an old console (MKI or MKII) with the new beta software? 3 years, 2 months ago #13055

• Greg_E
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
Looking at one of the docs care must be taken! There is a Touch to db9 that will not function because the db9 is not wired properly for RS232. db9 RS232 always uses pin 2 and 3 for data and pin 5 for ground.

Re: Anybody using an old console (MKI or MKII) with the new beta software? 3 years, 2 months ago #13285

Double post, sorry.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by LW_for_Feature.

Re: Anybody using an old console (MKI or MKII) with the new beta software? 3 years, 2 months ago #13286

Greg_E wrote:
Looking at one of the docs care must be taken! There is a Touch to db9 that will not function because the db9 is not wired properly for RS232. db9 RS232 always uses pin 2 and 3 for data and pin 5 for ground.

So what are you saying Greg-E? That Interlabs tutorial/pinout to make a DB9-DB15 cable for the console is wrong? I'm just not sure what you mean.

You mean this is wrong: www.interlab-net.com/docs/lightworks/support/Console_cable_pin_out_for_Touch_ONLY.pdf

And this is the right cable: www.interlab-net.com/docs/lightworks/support/run_console_series_I&II_via_standard_Sub-D9_port.pdf

Also, I was thinking that if the protocol used is RS232 that it was just a matter of getting a RS232 DB15 to DB9 cable and you would be set? Is there any difference in the wiring suggested by Interlabs and the wiring of a standard DB-15 to DB9 RS232 cable?

Not to mention that while the pinout in the first link is clear, I'm sure I follow what's going on in the second link.

Re: Anybody using an old console (MKI or MKII) with the new beta software? 3 years, 2 months ago #13288

By the way, anybody knows what type of connector is this:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Anybody using an old console (MKI or MKII) with the new beta software? 3 years, 2 months ago #13290

• juhartik
  • Expert Boarder
LW_for_Feature wrote:
By the way, anybody knows what type of connector is this:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Looks like 8-pin miniDIN connector. (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-DIN_connector)
Time to create page: 1.23 seconds