Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: mkv mp4 ect import

mkv mp4 ect import 1 year, 11 months ago #22382

• eqalidan
  • Fresh Boarder
i have a few things that i want to make with video... problem is that not a single thing will import to any video editer that i can find, not a single thing works.

my options are as follows.

1) find a video editer that will take them (what i was hopeing this would do)
2) take webcam, and record screen (last resort, doing this with videogame capture)
3) use a screen capture program and record the video with that (comes out to 300+mb for 30 seconds, but is better than reencodeing 26 videos when i need a total of 5 minutes at most)

is there any way to import video in here that i dont know of yet? im really running out on options and this gave me a bit of hope when i was told about it,

Re: mkv mp4 ect import 1 year, 11 months ago #22396

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
Have you considered transcoding to compatible parameters with Super© or MediaCoder?
Dell 8400 Intel P-4 HT 3.0 GHz, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, 2-Seagate Barracuda 500 GB internal HDDs, 1-WD My Book 1 TB ext HDD (USB 3.0 PCIe), Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit, (Dual boot w/ Ubuntu Studio 12.04), SoundBlaster Audigy SE, Nvidia GT 630 2048 MB DDR3 RAM, LWKS v11.5

Re: mkv mp4 ect import 1 year, 11 months ago #22436

• eqalidan
  • Fresh Boarder
the most that i have tried to do is remux files, because everything is compatible with the editors i have use, the problem is that if i try to drop the file into the editor, for some stupid reason (i know the reasons and i think they are stupid) they wont drop, but if i split the audio and video apart they would work. but there lies another problem because i have thought of just remuxing them into something that works, and it did, the video and audio were importable, with no encoideing needed, but the video would not sync up no matter what i did.

i dont have a great computer, so lets assume making a video one format and moving it to another is about 1 second of video is 3 of encoding to the point that my computer is unusable during the process.

its possible to do and i have considered it, but honesty at most i want 30 seconds from each video, and there is no way im going though that much work for that little, so screen caping is probably the best i can do. its just that i see all this crap on youtube where people mix things i know aren't found outside of an mkv format together, i always assumed there is something simple that uses all the common formats, in a non hassle kind of way.

Re: mkv mp4 ect import 1 year, 11 months ago #22440

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
Okay, I'm new at this. Let me see if I can clarify what you want.

You have several large files, some are in MKV and some are in MP4.

You want to cut clips from the original files.

Then you want to assemble the clips in one video to upload to Youtube.

You also want to retain the audio from the original files in the clips.

You would prefer not to transcode the whole of the original files in order not to tie up your computer resources.

You are willing to transcode the clips for editing.

Is that all correct?
Dell 8400 Intel P-4 HT 3.0 GHz, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, 2-Seagate Barracuda 500 GB internal HDDs, 1-WD My Book 1 TB ext HDD (USB 3.0 PCIe), Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit, (Dual boot w/ Ubuntu Studio 12.04), SoundBlaster Audigy SE, Nvidia GT 630 2048 MB DDR3 RAM, LWKS v11.5

Re: mkv mp4 ect import 1 year, 11 months ago #22475

• eqalidan
  • Fresh Boarder
ok, ill explain step by step what i want to do.

i want to make more or less a review on any given tv show, movie, anime, ext
lets go tv show to make it easy
i can only really get a tv show in mp4 if its nativly in english, or mkv if its not.
form a 13-24 episode series, i at most want 30 seconds an episode
now, i have yet to find a video editor that i can just drop episodes into, as the video wont import, or the audio, in some cases both, but if i go to the supported formats, well... everything is supported, just not the container (mp4,mkx, ect...)
so i tried to remux them, which is taking the video and the audio out of the mp4 or mkv container, and moving them to something they better fit, now this process works, and the video is usually importable than, but i cant get the audio to ever sync up with the video.

so go a bit forward, what i am considering right now is taking programs that you usually use to capture game footage, and apply them to video.

i am willing to do the final encode for the fully edited video, but i do not want to encode entire episodes, because that 1video 3encode was based off dvds i encode, i dont even want to think what that number would be for something in 720p or higher...

as i was writeing this, i had a thought, is there a way to re encode a video in sections... like i tell it from XX:XX to XX:XX? that could work... i just really don't want to do a full episodes for 30 seconds but im more than willing to encode that 30 seconds....

im sorry i don't know the terms and am explaining this poorly.

Re: mkv mp4 ect import 1 year, 11 months ago #22489

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't know what you are dealing with so I did some digging. I see something that sounds familiar at Videohelp.com. The recommendation there was eac3to3.24 for adjusting audio. You may want a GUI for that, just link to the "developer's site" from there. It's all Doom9 stuff.

On the quick cuts in MKV containers, MKV editor may be something you can use.

On the issue of drop and go software for what you are doing, I son't know that it is available with any freeware.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.21 seconds