• Page:

TOPIC: Video framerate going out of sync on import

Video framerate going out of sync on import 2 years, 8 months ago #21765

• rmfarrar
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 years, 8 months ago
Hi,

I have a bizarre problem importing MOV files generated from a Drift HD camera. The files are recorded at 720p, 30fps and everything is OK with the files according to Mediainfo (see www.richardfarrar.com/downloads/test001.txt and www.richardfarrar.com/downloads/test002.txt).

However when imported into a 30fps, 720p project the video always seems to extend past the audio by a certain degree. See www.richardfarrar.com/downloads/test001.mov (4.9M) and www.richardfarrar.com/downloads/test002.mov (1.8M).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm a bit stumped.

Is this perhaps something to do with GOP lengths?

Regards,

Richard

Re: Video framerate going out of sync on import 2 years, 8 months ago #21784

• astarr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 8 months ago
Hi, i get a error window stating "framerate not supported" Not sure how you can even get it to play in the program since it locks me out all together. I'm attempting to run a 1gb AVI file using a Flip camera. Maybe I can't run a AVI file at 30fps, and a MOV will?

ETA: this is directly from the 'Features' button on the site...
Edit at 23.976, true 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, or 60 fps

ETA#2: I'm a newb, didn't set the fr in the window..it's loading now..

rmfarrar wrote:
Hi,

I have a bizarre problem importing MOV files generated from a Drift HD camera. The files are recorded at 720p, 30fps and everything is OK with the files according to Mediainfo (see www.richardfarrar.com/downloads/test001.txt and www.richardfarrar.com/downloads/test002.txt).

However when imported into a 30fps, 720p project the video always seems to extend past the audio by a certain degree. See www.richardfarrar.com/downloads/test001.mov (4.9M) and www.richardfarrar.com/downloads/test002.mov (1.8M).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm a bit stumped.

Is this perhaps something to do with GOP lengths?

Regards,

Richard
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by astarr.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.27 seconds