Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Supported audio and video codecs

Re: Cineform Installed 2 years, 8 months ago #19234

I should have mentioned I also have Quicktime Pro paid version installed. I believe I read on another page that this enhances output options.

Re: Supported audio and video codecs 2 years, 1 month ago #30895

• Kl8xon
  • Fresh Boarder
I have been trying to import to LWKS for days now. I realize it is the free version, but why would I pay for a product that I can't even perform the simplest of tasks with? I find it hard to believe that everything will be easy once I pay money for the upgrade.

Re: Supported audio and video codecs 2 years, 1 month ago #30897

• tinman
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
@ Kl8xon - In response to the issue that you've highlighted - this is intended for anyone confuzzled by the challenges. Apologies if overly simplistic.

There are thousands of media formats, codec & container combinations.

Modifying media is a greater technical challenge than just playing it back.
(Hence, until now, there were no top-notch free editing apps.)

To get your material into a readily editable format:

• Analyze the files: MediaInfo
  • Search the forum - 'Search' tab at top - for information on importing/exporting your format(s). There's also an unofficial Wiki.
  • Experiment - decide what workflow suits you best: your media, your hardware.
  • If encountering problems, make a forum post and specify the details - help is always forthcoming.

The Pro version of Lightworks offers additional import/export options:
www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid=184
= less complicated workflows
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by tinman.

Re: Supported audio and video codecs 2 years ago #31527

turboturbo wrote:
Hi,

Is there some list available of codecs that are supported by Lightworks? I can't find anything in the Lightworks-guide nor on the forum. I got always an 'unsupported audio format'-error while importing a particular video. I tried: MP3, AAC, AC3-conversions none of them worked! I never had such a misery with codecs in any video-editing-software I used so far...

Sincerly

As Per my original post. Does the newest Lightworks support more codecs, like FLV, MP3, QT, AVI/WMP ?

Re: Supported audio and video codecs 2 years ago #31533

• RWAV
  • Pro User
There is a list under 'Lightworks' - 'Tech Specs' on this site. Modify that with the caveat in tinman's post then work it out for your individual circumatances/file sources.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
2 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5670 @ 2.93GHz, 2927 Mhz, 6 Core(s),
Graphics NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800
BlackMagic Design DeckLink HD Extreme 3D
Driver Version 9.6.8

Re: Supported audio and video codecs 2 years ago #31534

RWAV wrote:
There is a list under 'Lightworks' - 'Tech Specs' on this site. Modify that with the caveat in tinman's post then work it out for your individual circumatances/file sources.

It looks like there is support for H.264 & MPEG. I'll try the demo, hopefully, I'm not disappointed I want to know what is the H.264 / AVCHD Decode and Encode
*AC3 support for AVCHD requires 3rd party plugin
3rd party plugin that is required for H.264 import/export, is is tree or does it cost ? It didn't say what plug-in it needs so I can't search for it myself.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by CreativeSheep.
Time to create page: 1.62 seconds