Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server

Re: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server 9 months, 2 weeks ago #49580

Are you running the latest beta, 11.1.1.C?
Lightworks Development

Re: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server 9 months, 2 weeks ago #49623

Its the 11.1 32 bit version on the downloads page

Re: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server 9 months, 2 weeks ago #49635

• Orca
  • Pro User
Please register for the Windows beta build access from the 'Windows - beta' link on the top right of the downloads page. Agree to the terms of use and then you'll see the v11.1.1.c download.

Please update us on your progress. Thanks.
Last Edit: 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Orca.

Re: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server 7 months, 4 weeks ago #52156

• tomvid
  • Fresh Boarder
It seems I also need help with the installation of the Lightworks. Here is the description of the steps I made:

1. I started with the oficial release 11.1 (Windows 64bit). However after starting the application and typing login and password, I get "Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server". I checked the firewall - Lightworks is added as the exception.

2. So I tried the oficial release 11.1 for Windows 32bit. But it was the same as 64bit - no chance to start the application.

3. I came here to the forum and FAQ and found out, that starting from the beta version 11.1.1d there is also offline activation offered. So I installed the available beta, 11.1.1g, and was happy to be able to start the offline activation. In the meantime, the Lighworks watchdog tried to kick me off, but let's ignore this. I went to www.lwks.com/activations, logged me in and uploaded the file shark.c2e. After 2 seconds the webpage replies to me with "Invalid Response from ELS Server". I tried this from other computer, the same answer.

My system is Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1.

EDIT after 4 hours:

OK, sorry, the method 3. worked after I downloaded apprioprate 64 bit version. Before, by accident I took 32 bit version. So finally I can run the software.
Last Edit: 7 months, 4 weeks ago by tomvid.

Re: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server 6 months, 3 weeks ago #53931

It is a shame but I feel we need to move on we have tried since June to get Lightworks working and it is nearly September, but to no avail. The Beta version worked on my office machine but not my classroom or my students computers in the classroom. A real shame as this was just what I was looking for.

Re: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server 6 months, 2 weeks ago #54292

• dorsten
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey,

New user. Just download and registered and I'm receiving the same error. "ERROR 4..5/.. Cannot connect to licensing server"

With Firewall and Antivirus disabled it still doesn't work.

Was anyone able to get this working? I appreciate any help/advice.

D

Re: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server 6 months, 2 weeks ago #54294

Unfortunately I gave up and moved on to another software. For "free" software, lightworks seems to be exclusionary.

Re: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server 6 months, 2 weeks ago #54295

• dorsten
  • Fresh Boarder
That's too bad. I've also tried signing up for the beta version and using the Offline Activation but get the response "Invalid Response from ELS Server"

Thanks for the reply.

D

Re: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server 6 months, 2 weeks ago #54300

We have recently experienced an issue with the licensing server which caused this error during activation. The issue is now resolved, our apologies for the inconvenience.

Re: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server 6 months, 2 weeks ago #54308

• dorsten
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for the quick response. Everything worked now.

D

Re: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server 5 months ago #56060

• clustef
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry, for me it's not working either (Ubuntu 12.10). Downloaded lwks-11.1.H-amd64.deb yesterday, installed all required packages and launched lightworks, typed in username and password -> "4../5.. cannot connect to licensing server"

Played with my router, disabled the firewall, opened all ports, but nothing actually helped. Any help appreciated.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

My IP:

Thanks
clustef
Last Edit: 5 months ago by clustef.

Re: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server 5 months ago #56129

Hi clustef,

We are currently investigating this.
It's not an issue with your internet connection. We'll get back to you on this one

Re: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server 4 months, 2 weeks ago #57845

I am getting the same error with Ubuntu 13.04. Any help is appreciated. thanks.

Re: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server 4 months, 2 weeks ago #58022

• agrm
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I cannot get through to you licensing server - I think it is to do with our proxy and firewall. Our IT guy has said that if he can have the IP address of your licensing server it will be easy.

Could you please let me know what it is please?

Thanks.

Re: Error 4../5..Cannot connect to licensing server 3 months, 3 weeks ago #59586

same problem, don't ask me for my ip because the problem is on your end, just fix your server and authentication
Time to create page: 2.72 seconds