Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cannot Connect To The Licensing Server

Cannot Connect To The Licensing Server 1 year, 2 months ago #48739

• infohou
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I am supposedly signed up for the Linux BETA. Upon starting Lightworks I get the login screen and if I enter the wrong username it says something like wrong username or password. If I enter the correct username and password it says "Cannot connect to the licensing server" .

Anybody know how to fix this? Could this be because the Xubuntu is in a VM? The Internet access works in the VM, I am typing this in Firefox on Xubuntu.

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober

Re: Cannot Connect To The Licensing Server 1 year, 2 months ago #48769

• Orca
  • Pro User
Hi, in the next Linux beta the licence code is updated quite a lot...which brings it in line with the current Windows build.

Lightworks will not perform very well at all in a VM FYI.

Could you wait for the new Linux beta and let us know if there's still an issue.

Sorry about the delay.

Re: Cannot Connect To The Licensing Server 1 year, 1 month ago #50307

• infohou
  • Fresh Boarder
When is will there be a new Beta for Linux?

Tried Ubunstudio as well and still cannot login to Lightworks. I would think with all of the competition in the marketplace that the Lightworks folks would want to be sure we can at least start the program.

BTW, I have Avid Symphony, FCP Studio, FCPX, and Adobe Production Premium CS6, all of which work on my Macs.

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober
PS: I am an IT Consultant and long time Linux user so I am an aware of VM limitations. Ubuntustudio runs well in a VM. I further realize that video is slow in VM's.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.71 seconds