Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: On which other platforms would you use Lightworks?

Re: On which other platforms would you use Lightworks? 2 years, 6 months ago #22035

I am not able to understand whether it could be useful, but I imagine that an extremely portable version could serve the needs of video journalists, who could send an already-edited news story directly from the field using a tablet or even a smartphone.

On the other hand, both iOS and Android expose a different machine model to the applications, so probably this would require much more effort than going to Linux or Mac. Not to mention that it would have to be a stripped-down version, with many functions adapted to the simplified (and different) environment. One for all- you don't have any keyboard shortcut without a keyboard!

Re: On which other platforms would you use Lightworks? 2 years, 6 months ago #22039

• vizsla
  • Senior Boarder
@sterovetta I think Greg meant it as a joke..

Re: On which other platforms would you use Lightworks? 2 years, 6 months ago #22057

I know HE did, but I took the challenge and considered it as a true suggestion. I often do. Sometimes this brings out new ideas, and sometimes these are even usable.

After all, humour and innovation are strongly related: both consist in inventing new concepts and connections by "lateral thinking". The only difference is that innovation, after 1% inspiration, also requires 99% perspiration...
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by sterovetta.

Re: On which other platforms would you use Lightworks? 2 years, 6 months ago #22058

• Setlec
  • Junior Boarder
sterovetta wrote:
I know HE did, but I took the challenge and considered it as a true suggestion. I often do. Sometimes this brings out new ideas, and sometimes these are even usable.

After all, humour and innovation are strongly related: both consist in inventing new concepts and connections by "lateral thinking". The only difference is that innovation, after 1% inspiration, also requires 99% perspiration...

i hardly find that such devices could handle such software that does require a bunch of memory RAM and storage memory. though if the hardware becomes more powerful that suggestion is really interesting.

when the source will released is the same date as for the lightwork release date?

Re: On which other platforms would you use Lightworks? 2 years, 6 months ago #22060

• vizsla
  • Senior Boarder
Very true.
I doubt this would fit into the concept of Lightworks though.
About your idea, you might want to look at Novacut: vimeo.com/26192250

Re: On which other platforms would you use Lightworks? 2 years, 6 months ago #22061

@setlec said:

when the source will released is the same date as for the lightwork release date?

On 28th May we are releasing the Windows version of Lightworks. We are not releasing any source code at this time because we have not yet decided how we should license it. The vast majority of users are editors and not programmers so we are focusing on releasing installable versions rather than source code.

We will announce our plans for Open Source in due course.
Time to create page: 1.82 seconds