Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why there is no Stable Version releasse

Why there is no Stable Version releasse 3 years, 2 months ago #12028

• tksthiru
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
waiting for a fully functional stable version of Lightworks.

thanks
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit Opearating System,
Intel i7 2600K Processor, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 Motherboard, Corasir Vengance 16GB (4x4) RAM, Asus Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1024 MB Graphics Card, Benq 22" LED Monitor.

Re: Why there is no Stable Version releasse 3 years, 2 months ago #12036

Hi tksthiru, what issues have prompted you to say that? The community might be able to suggest solutions and all feedback helps the devs!

Re: Why there is no Stable Version releasse 3 years, 2 months ago #12046

As Site Admin says - let's have full details of your issues.

For a Beta program, Lightworks is actually incredibly stable, but it does need some work to set it up on some types of system. If yours is crashing, it is almost certainly a setup issue, or a specific bug, either of which can be fixed.

Re: Why there is no Stable Version releasse 3 years, 2 months ago #12047

• THL
  • Expert Boarder
I think he is just antsy, like the rest of us. We all love playing with a new toy and the recent version is getting this "ordinary" feeling. Can't wait for the next version and features inside it. Any vague ETA?

Re: Why there is no Stable Version releasse 3 years, 2 months ago #12049

There has been a lot of progress behind the scenes, which is probably why on the surface it seems like not much has happened recently. There will be announcements about this but I can't say exactly when.

Re: Why there is no Stable Version releasse 3 years, 2 months ago #12073

• tksthiru
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
currently we are working in a digital cinema, and awaiting for the lightworks final release,and planned to work in Lightworks software, if something happens in the middle of the stage when we are in the editing process, we cann't move to the any other NLE Software, with the all content ,that's why i am asking when the lightworks release their final version with fully functional and stable version.

thanks in advance, awaiting for your relpy,
Intel i7 2600K Processor, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 Motherboard, Corasir Vengance 16GB (4x4) RAM, Asus Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1024 MB Graphics Card, Benq 22" LED Monitor.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by tksthiru.

Re: Why there is no Stable Version releasse 3 years, 2 months ago #12075

Well, it all depends how you look at it. In one sense, Lightworks is on a journey towards Open Source, and in another, it already exists as an extremely stable turnkey version. The current Beta version is evolving into a piece of software that can run on a wide range of hardware: just like Windows (or Linux) itself.

We can already recommend known configurations (there's an incredible depth of experience on this forum) that will be very stable indeed, and if you've already found a workflow that works, then it is unlikely to become any less stable as the software progresses in it's development.

If you have a set-up that is unstable, then perhaps we can look at it and suggest ways to make it more viable for what you are doing - although, and you've already indicated that this is behind your question in the first place - you should not rely on Beta software for commercial work.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Forum Admin. Reason: Missing "not"!

Re: Why there is no Stable Version releasse 3 years, 2 months ago #12080

• tksthiru
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
Will you please explain, if we are using the software for commercial purpose, what we have to do and where can purchase additional addons and other hardware components.

thanks

Re: Why there is no Stable Version releasse 3 years, 2 months ago #12081

You should contact Editshare sales about this.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.70 seconds