Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Docked /snapping windows?

Re: Docked /snapping windows? 2 years, 5 months ago #23049

• briandrys
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
What I rather like about Lightworks is that it's a bit like a sketch pad. you can doodle with ideas. I've got Vegas, which has a rather regimented layout and I was comparing notes with a FCP editor who was rather taken by how everything can expand out into an edit on Lightworks. Certainly looking at his FCP screen, it's rather boxed in compared to Lightworks.

Every time I open Lightworks it always opens with the layout as I left it, which is basically what I want. I then want to make new connections with the material, rather than work in a mechanical fashion. Some how being allowed to shift things in an unusual arrangement on the screen seems to allow me to play with the images without feeling restricted.

Perhaps there would be an advantage in being able to store your own standard arrangements for say colour correction that you can carry over from project to project.

Re: Docked /snapping windows? 2 years, 5 months ago #23050

• muroshi
  • Expert Boarder
RWAV wrote:
Many LW users prefer not to inhabit a regimented snap-to-grid kind of world. Perhaps that's what makes some of them great creative-thinking editors?

We talk about an option. You don't have to set that as an option or use it. I didn't hear a rational argument that speaks against it so far.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by muroshi.
Time to create page: 1.54 seconds