Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Linux Version (and Source Code Location)?

Re: Linux Version (and Source Code Location)? 3 years, 7 months ago #3457

  • Setlec
  • OFFLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 39
drkuli wrote:
Well, I've found the conclusion, which I knew before. I've seen countless disputes in programming crowd, and they all made me happy of not being developer, and - simultaneously - made me worry about the future. Some of that programming crowd are completely out of real world application of their products. They don't even care of it, if they can say that their code is 'elegant'! And some are devoted to that application in real world, strongly supporting users. You can guess, which ones are my favourites...
err what do you mean? you speak well yet i can't figure out your point....

Re: Linux Version (and Source Code Location)? 3 years, 7 months ago #3458

  • drkuli
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1415
@shmerl. You think of Internet being a sum of collective wisdom, which feeds you. Unfortunately, it doesn't feed me satisfactorily, since I see it as the biggest scrap-heap in the world. They are some interesting things in this heap, but I need a longer stick. But longer dispute is useless for me and for the majority of users.
i5-2500K@4.5GHz | Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | 2x4GB Corsair XMS3 | Radeon HD4850 1GB GDDR3 + Intel HD Graphics 3000 | 2xHP w2408h + Sony PWM14L2 | OCZ Vertex2 40 GB + 2xSamsung HD502HJ | Welland ME751 HDD dock | Liteon iHAS424 | Corsair HX520 | Sharkoon Rebel9 Eco | Win7x64Ult.
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by drkuli.

Re: Linux Version (and Source Code Location)? 3 years, 7 months ago #3459

  • Setlec
  • OFFLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 39
drkuli wrote:
@shmerl. You think of Internet being a sum of collective wisdom, which feeds you. Unfortunately, it doesn't feed me satisfactorily, since I see it as the biggest scrap-heap in the world. They are some interesting things in this heap, but I need a longer stick. But longer dispute is useless for me and for the majority of users.


may i ask you something? what do you do for a living? Because i really don't get what you are saying at all. From i read is that you = unsatisfied with internet for content or article quality... us (or others) internet dumps... which are satisfied with uncomplete article with low level of quality or inexistent quality... Edited for personal criticism. Please can you write with a more friendly tone? General discussions are fine but please try to avoid being negative towards individuals. Note that if ANY user uses an objectionable tone or wording, they will be edited - Forum Admin
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Forum Admin. Reason: Personal Criticism

Re: Linux Version (and Source Code Location)? 3 years, 7 months ago #3460

  • shmerl
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 46
drkuli: I think you mentioned that you aren't a developer, so I agree that there is not much point for you in arguing about APIs and libraries any further You may prefer or dislike some, but it would be up to developers to evaluate and decide what to use.
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by shmerl.

Re: Linux Version (and Source Code Location)? 3 years, 7 months ago #3486

shmerl wrote:
Cinelerra was called "WWI tank of compressed bugs"


Most Cinelerra bugs are in the area of graceful response to YOUR errors. Behave properly, and Cinelerra will work as a charm. This is my experience.

shmerl wrote:
Cinelerra is barely maintained.


As far as I know, Cinelerra is maintained in a passive way. Whenever the authors release a release, the community version gets maintained. However, this is a responsive process. The propositive phase is up to Heroine Virtual (whatever it is).

drkuli wrote:
So it will take some effort to bring LightWorks to "any platform"


And yet, (relative) platform independence could be a key advantage. However this usually needs a number of abstractions in the software design, which can be hard to implement as aftermarket patches.

Re: Linux Version (and Source Code Location)? 3 years, 7 months ago #3488

  • shmerl
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 46
sterovetta wrote:
And yet, (relative) platform independence could be a key advantage. However this usually needs a number of abstractions in the software design, which can be hard to implement as aftermarket patches.

Exactly. So there are probably some major redesign steps to be made, if LightWorks aims to become cross platform.
Time to create page: 1.79 seconds