Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Export setting for YouTube

Export setting for YouTube 3 years ago #16249

Hello, just made my first movie and I really love your program! But... I'm also searching for hours now for a correct youtube export format! Now trying with a convertion of a export but with no luck so far.

Wouldn't it be great to have a preconfigured youtube-export setting?

Greetings,
Frank

Re: Export setting for YouTube 3 years ago #16250

FrankDelporte wrote:

Wouldn't it be great to have a preconfigured youtube-export setting?

No.

Re: Export setting for YouTube 3 years ago #16251

• Greg_E
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
For some people it would be fantastic, I would prefer those users learn how to encode it properly but I can see the draw.

Re: Export setting for YouTube 3 years ago #16254

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
I think LWfF's reply was semi sarcastic. "No", Lightworks is a professional tool that shouldn't have anything to do with YouTube. But to expand, Lightworks is an editing tool, not an all purpose editing, compositing, trasncoding, DVD/BD burning tool. Most other Pro/Semi-Pro NLE's have been moving in that direction seeing how video production is now within the grasp of anyone and with the video quality of consumer camcorders and HDSLR's almost matching that of professional equipment. They see the needs of professionals and "hobbyists" blurring so they think their software should also blend these needs. But is that what Lightworks should aspire to? LWfF says "no", and I say no also. There are so many ways to get your video transcoded to DVD/BD, YouTube, or any other format using open source or low cost stand alone programs that adding this bloat to Lightworks might hinder (even slightly) it's ability to do it's main function, editing. If Editshare wants to create another program that can handle this all purpose transcoding function and ship it with Lightworks, I'm all for it, but it doesn't need to be built into the core of Lightworks where it's just taking up resources on those users computers that don't need it. Let's concentrate on making Lightworks the best "non linear editor" available and leave those processes that are used after you've completed your edit and rendered out a lossless or near lossless Master to other applications.
Work Comp: XP Professional SP3, Dell Optiplex 740, AMD Athlon 64X2 2.6GHz, 3070MB, ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 256MB

Home Comp: TBA
Last Edit: 3 years ago by khaver.

Re: Export setting for YouTube 3 years ago #16255

@Khaver

I think you've summed it up very nicely.

In it's purest form (and this is exactly how NLEs started) the "edit" is a list of cuts, each referenced to a relative time from the start of the edit, and with references to the source material. An EDL, in other words. There's no harm in NLEs having more features than this, as long as the focus on editing itself isn't lost, and as long as the "companion" activities, like transcoding, authoring etc don't take development and support resources away from the core program.

With so many other "editing" programs available, most of which are positioned at the low end, it is understandable that people should come to Lightworks thinking that it should have all of these "peripheral" capabilities. But the reason for Lightworks' greatness is precisely that it is so focussed on the edit itself.

Re: Export setting for YouTube 3 years ago #16257

OK, so let's rethink my initial question/problem...

Would it be possible to add some extra output codecs so the exported files are smaller and easier to send to youtube and/or directly to the customer for a preview?

Apparantly the problem with youtube seems to be the codec: www.lightworksbeta.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=7130&Itemid=269

Re: Export setting for YouTube 3 years ago #16259

• Greg_E
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
What you want is h.264 video with AAC audio export settings with maybe a youtube quality preset (12 to 15mbps).

Re: Export setting for YouTube 3 years ago #16276

Forum Admin wrote:
But the reason for Lightworks' greatness is precisely that it is so focussed on the edit itself.

Amen! I hope it stays that way too.

Re: Export setting for YouTube 3 years ago #16290

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
One export function I'd truly like to see integrated into Lightworks is a frame server. To local dummy files and to network streams, with 8,10,16 bit capability. Shouldn't be too hard to implement since it's similar to exporting to image sequences, which Lightworks is already capable of.
Work Comp: XP Professional SP3, Dell Optiplex 740, AMD Athlon 64X2 2.6GHz, 3070MB, ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 256MB

Re: Export setting for YouTube 3 years ago #16292

khaver wrote:
One export function I'd truly like to see integrated into Lightworks is a frame server. To local dummy files and to network streams, with 8,10,16 bit capability. Shouldn't be too hard to implement since it's similar to exporting to image sequences, which Lightworks is already capable of.

How about something like MeGUI with the MyMP4Box UI plugin. Both are free and open source and overcomes the issue of having to use command lines to produce say for example Flashplayer compatible files. Moov header data is correctly placed for Progressive Streaming.

Just a thought

Ronnie
SYSTEM 1
Alienware M17X R3 Laptop Core i7 2760QM CPU
@ 2.4 Ghz.
8 Gig Ram 1600 DDR3
NVidia 560 M Graphics.
1.5 TB 7200rpm Seagate HDD. Raid 0
17" Full 1920x1080 LED Display
2 x USB 3, 1 x ESata, 1 Gig Ethernet, HDMI 1.4 O/P 2 x USB 2.0 Ports.
Display Port, Blu-Ray / DVD Recorder
Windows 7 64 Bit Pro SP 1. LightworksV11.5.1 Pro. 32bit & 64bit.
SYSTEM 2
Apple MACBook PRO Mid 2012 15inch
Software OS Software OS X 10.8.5
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
6TB Thunderbolt Raid 5 Media Drive. 750GB Sys Drive

Re: Export setting for YouTube 3 years ago #16293

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
A frame server is not on encoder. It just sends out each frame and audio on demand to an external encoding program by creating a dummy file that links Lightworks to the encoding program. The encoding program thinks it's reading an AVI file but in actuality it's being fed the video frames and audio directly from your Lightworks timeline. This would allow you to use any transcoding program that can accept the dummy AVI file.

The network stream aspect would allow programs on other computer(s) in your network (render farm) to access the frames and audio in order to encode to output formats.

Once Lightworks goes open source, the open source frame server by DebugMode could probably be integrated.

Last Edit: 3 years ago by khaver.

Re: Export setting for YouTube 1 year ago #55007

I wanted to answer this old thread, since it pops up when people search for help on You Tube export.

Lightworks is great for small projects like Youtube clips.

To make Youtube happy, keep the following in mind:

Your project should be short (<30 minutes)
Your project should be small in size (< 2 Gb)
Your project should be in 4:3 to fit the Youtube player

With these in mind, use the following settings for Lightworks:

Format ---> Choose DVD
Container ---> MPG
Compression ---> MPEG
Frame Rate ---> 25 fps
Size ---> D1 720x576
Aspect Ratio ---> 4:3
Display Optimization ---> Frames

Have fun and go viral!

Re: Export setting for YouTube 1 year ago #55009

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
Speedy Squirrel wrote:

Have fun and go viral!

Rock on, dude.

YouTube advanced encoding settings.
Dell 8400 Intel P-4 HT 3.0 GHz, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, 2-Seagate Barracuda 500 GB internal HDDs, 1-WD My Book 1 TB ext HDD (USB 3.0 PCIe), Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit, (Dual boot w/ Ubuntu Studio 14.04), SoundBlaster Audigy SE, Nvidia GT 630 2048 MB DDR3 RAM, LWKS v12

Re: Export setting for YouTube 1 year ago #55010

For what it's worth, 11.5 has direct export to YouTube format, including optional upload.
Lightworks Development

Re: Export setting for YouTube 11 months, 4 weeks ago #55609

Where can I find 11.5 since the beta is only at 11.1.1.R?
"Don't use a hammer if a screwdriver will do..."

Christopher Matthew Spencer
Global Business Team Leader
kathy ireland® Worldwide
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.96 seconds